Radiosurgery and Radiotherapy Unit, San Francisco de Asís
- Integrated within San Francisco de Asís Hospital, Madrid
- National and international reference centre
- 2 Bunkers: 2 LINACs (linear accelerators).
- Special techniques: Three dimensional (3-D) conformal radiation therapy, Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy, Stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS), Intra-Operative Radiation Therapy (IORT), HDR (high-dose-rate) Brachytherapy, Fractionated Stereotactic Radiosurgery (FSR), Intra-Operative Brachytherapy, Total Body Irradiation (TBI) and Total Skin Irradiation (TSI).
- Multidisciplinary team (radiation oncologists, medical radiation physicists, technicians, nurses, psycho-oncologists, etc).
- 1st SRS unit with LINAC in Spain.
- Over 3,800 radiosurgery treatments since 1991.
- Associated with private insurances and health services of several Autonomous Regions.